Thursday, June 01, 2006

Leitmotif

Introducing: "LEITMOTIF" - the leading motive; a dominant, recurring theme. "The only obligation man has in life--regardless of whatever else he feels--is to act." (Atlas Shrugged). The dominant motive for one's actions, the motive that dictates his choices, implicate the kind of morality he lives by. Faith, whim, power-lust, emotion, reason -- these are types of leading motives -- the LEITMOTIF of one's life. I choose reason. That is my Leitmotif. I intend to have all my actions, as much as is under my conscious and immediate control, to be motived by my rational judgment. I did not come upon this decision only just now; it have held it implicitly for a long time now. I merely chose to make a public statement about it through my blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger innommable said...

I wonder why?

6/01/2006 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

I updated my post, and I think I have explained why. Hope that answers it.

6/02/2006 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home