Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Love, Me

I can’t command your tears to stop flowing I cannot demand that your soul stop weeping I can only pretend to not see it Or see past through them And offer only A stony silence in response So that through your blurry vision You only get to see the stoicism I borrowed from the girders Of this city I so love Donning their cold facades Their reticent heights of pride Vicarious expressions are All I permit myself before you They stand proud for me And I do the same for you It’s the way they show the best that can be And I offer all their best to you. Love, Me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rubicund Y. Logorrhea said...

You'll be back.

3/22/2006 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger JohnJEnright said...

Yes, I too believe you will be back.

3/22/2006 06:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home