Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cool Names

I love these figure skater's names..... and actually, I love figure skating itself - watching it, I mean. Boitano ; Oksana Bayul ; Alexei Yagudin ; David Pelletier I guess if I ever had kids -- which is highly unlikely -- I would name them something fun and unique like this. I would give them names that would make people ask them "Oh, are you Russian?" or "Oh, is your family french?" I think the concept of culture-specific names is very strange... and passe, in my opinion. I enjoy the idea of having an Indian named Andrei Kiraskulov, as an example... or a country-American farm boy named Jardin Bornierre. :) Ha! So fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gazoo said...

I agree, I would like to have my children named both Aztec names like Cuahetemoc or Tenoch as well as Hebrew names like Shiloh or Asher or an Irish name like Finnian.

12/14/2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

Woah! Those names! I can't even begin to pronounce them!
It's like... I look at it, and my brain so "beeeeeeeeep" ;)

12/14/2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Gazoo said...

Yeah, I guess I should consider my kids would probably hate me forever for giving them such names.

12/14/2005 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger Rubicund Y. Logorrhea said...

Lovely names, all. I can just imagine, Gazoo... Cuahetemoc Shiloh Gutierrez. Rolls trippingly off the tongue, eh? And ergo, how about Sergei Pamplemousse Patel?

12/16/2005 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

Oooo! I LIKE Sergei Patel! Now that's cool... Though, not for an Indian... that would be, again, too culture specific for my liking. So Sergei Patel for a Swede, yea?

12/16/2005 01:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home