Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Compendium of Thoughts

Incredibly enough, I seem to have some time on my hands with which I don’t know what to do! So, I decided to go back through the annals of my blogposts and pull out some quotes that I think are representative of me, my thoughts, and my entire blog as such. I have wanted to do such a project for quite some time now – to create a compendium of my thoughts. Needless to say, I am proud of most of my works. However, there are some that I wish I had not written! I notice that the way I use the English language in some instances is so confounding that it often hides the true meaning of what I wish to say, or am attempting to say. Going through some of my previous works, I have also found serious errors of logic rampant in some of the articles – mostly not because my process of thinking is erroneous, but because my use of words and my phrasing of premises necessarily imply the error in logic. (As an example, read: Values and Choices). Anyway, what follows is an expression of my pride in my overall body of thoughts. “In what was truly man's greatest act of conceit, he captured all the greatest notions of his God and manifested that in the body of ONE HUMAN BEING, which meant that the Human body was idealized towithhold the essence of the fully Divine.” -- From My New Theory: God and Art “You have the right to insist that Art be as nourishing to your mind as the food you eat is to your body.” -- From A Vindication of Art Through a Work of Art “…evidence of mal-nourished minds are also closely associated with mal-nourished cultures and societies. They have plenty of hissing snakes and meandering cows to worship, but very few thinking minds that have a vision to look up to.” -- From A Vindication of Art Through a Work of Art “The paradox of death is that it is at the same time an end as it is a beginning. It is an end to one’s self. But it is a beginning of everything about that person.” -- From My Death “…death will offer her the most silent and serene stillness of all… and in that, I am glad death will be the end.” -- From My Death “If your life is getting too easy for you, you ain't really living at all!” -- From Oct. 4th: Thought of the Day “…only a true atheist can fully marvel at the miracle called "life" and the incredible job our lives have done with this world.” -- From Sept. 19, 2005: Thought of the Day “The very concept of "God" should render that Being to the intelligent, rational, and logical scrutiny of the Human mind. An IRRATIONAL God, an ILLOGICAL God, a NON-INTELLIGENT God cannot exist, by definition.” -- From Hero Worship “…it was in the perfect trade of unspoken words that they had discovered each other. When they met in person for the first time, the words they had exchanged became the faces they beheld.” -- From Pasha et Jardin, Resurrected! “Love is like the context or the ambience that sets the tone of the sex that occurs in it.” -- From Sex and Love “I went on a search for God, and I found myself.” -- From Seek and You Shall Find “When one has nothing in life to achieve, no goals to reach, nothing to look forward to, nothing in life to possess, one looks to someone else who has those things. And in that someone else, one sees the fulfillment of their own needs. Through that person, one can find a connection between their own life and all their failed or impossible aspirations. The other person becomes their only value in life. They become the reason and purpose to live. And when even that is taken away, then why bother going through the motions of life?" -- From Untitled “Silence… should be the barometer of effective communication.” -- From Pasha, contd. “Pasha despised people who used language not to communicate a genuine message but to escape from the responsibility of having to be genuine. For them, language was a like a filler that took up space, occupied their empty minds, and sheltered them from the reality of their discomfort; like a balloon filled with air but empty nonetheless.” -- From Pasha, contd. “…inorder to say to someone, "I love you", and be honest about it, you have to keep salient in your mind all the processes of thought and choices and values that brought you up to that point of saying, "I love you."” -- From Back to MPR “Humans, he thought, lacked the simple honesty that these tall buildings portrayed. These tall structures of steel and concrete, of glass and stone stood in naked display of their ornamented pride and utilitarian purpose. There was no hiding of their conceit, nor was there any hint of shame in their function. Pasha wished he could be complete in that way. He wished all humans could atleast have a shred of that innocent pride and frank nakedness. But he was keenly aware of the fact that people hid behind more layers of ostentatious facades than the buildings they erected.” -- From Pasha “One day he offered to crystallize his love disguised as pain onto a flat disc. … he spoke of the mountains and valleys, and streams and rivers, and cascades and lakes, jolted alive by the beats of his viscera -- rhythmic, pulsating, modulated vocal stresses that named the emotions gone unspoken.He gave it to me. I held it for a few moments, contemplating all that this flat, round piece of plastic contained. I was distantly shocked at the brutality of such a manifestation: of seeing all that is so pure, and so benevolent, and so profound, being bound and burned on this disc.” -- From Stolen Music “What does love sound like? Like this, I thought: Like the sound of his heartbeat in your ear even when he's not around. Like the whisper of his breath that you can hear even in the midst of a storm. That is what love sounds like.” -- From Stolen Music “An atheist is moral…for the sake of living a moral life. An Atheist is moral for they see the immense value and rational logic of living a moral life.” -- From Morality of an Atheist “Let me beThe indifferent sleep of a jaded cat.Take me... just take meAnd the Rest will come.” -- From Jaded “I am… an amalgamation of many brilliant minds who came before me, who concurrently exist with me, and many who will exist after me. And on this string of luminaries, I am a lantern.” -- From Life as it ought to be “For what is life without the bruises and the failures and the emotions of sorrow and of anguish. It is a life without texture and allure. Life should be enticing. Life must have some texture. You must feel your life; feel that you're living. You must be seduced and intoxicated by your life. It is only the irregularities of anguish and happiness, pain and joy, contentment and desire that create the texture of life. Like scrubbing off your dead skin cells in the shower, so should the texture of life rub against your being and reveal the emergence of a newer, livelier being.” -- From Life as it ought to be

3 Comments:

Blogger Ergo Sum said...

I wish I could add links to each of the posts I refer to. Hmmm, but somehow it doesn't seem to work... or maybe I just don't know how to do it right. Oh well.

11/15/2005 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

Oh cool! It WORKS!! I got those links to work!! yeeaayy!

11/15/2005 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Tyrel said...

My favorite:

“What does love sound like? Like this, I thought: Like the sound of his heartbeat in your ear even when he's not around. Like the whisper of his breath that you can hear even in the midst of a storm. That is what love sounds like.” -- From Stolen Music

11/16/2005 04:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home