Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Forgotten - by blog queen, Pallavi Dhody

I blew bubbles with the soap solution we'd bought from a roadside hawker. I watched them rise up; their rainbow colours looking resplendent against the backdrop of the black night. One by one, they all burst. I hurriedly blew some more. You laughed at my childishness. Re-living my childhood you'd called it. I smiled. I wasn't re-living it. I was living it then, consciously, for the first time. I think you could tell. Maybe. There were a lot of 'firsts' with you. With you, I saw more than I knew existed. It was like a new world. Books, music, people, places. Love. Maybe. You held me close and said that I was beautiful. I felt beautiful. I believed everything that you said. I still want to. Maybe. The cold glass of iced tea. I finished mine before everyone else. My hands then groped around in the air for your glass, like always. Only this time, it wasn't there. I ordered another one. Its been a while. They tell me its love. For your sake, I hope it is. Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Koen-Kathleen said...

ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........oh, the exquisite beauty...oh, i REMEMBER that feeling...it's been so long....

9/16/2005 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Koen-Kathleen said...

haha~did i say beauty?....i meant agony....

9/16/2005 02:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home