Thursday, August 25, 2005

Strange Thoughts While Eating at McD's.

So, yesterday I was lunching at McD's... since i'm poor again for one more day (after which I shall be getting my paycheck, and will be RICH once again!! Yooo hoo oo hooo ooo Yooo hooo oo hooo ooo!) Anyway, back to my point: as I was biting into my bacon, ranch, grilled chicken club sandwhich (which had ZERO flavor but lots of texture), I began thinking about recipes and secret ingredients. I don't know how the system works here, but can any restaurant or food chain just come up with a recipe for a food item and then keep it secret inorder to maintain competitiveness? Kinda like Coca Cola keeping the recipe for Coke a secret. That brings me to ask: what about ingredients in those recipes. If a recipe is allowed to be kept secret, can a company keep the ingredients in their products also a secret? Because sometimes, it is NOT the recipe in a dish that makes the difference but the actual ingredients. So, in this case, to maintain competition, are they legally allowed to keep ingredients secret? But then, that makes me wonder: What if a certain ingredient in a recipe (or a certain recipe for a dish) happens to be harmful, unedible, or maybe have slow, long-term causes of illness -- how can the government or other private industry watchdogs ever monitor such issues if their don't even have access to those secret recipe/ingredient information? Does the FDA mandate disclosure of all food-related matters and guarantee protection of secrecy to them? I wonder. I wonder because, I wonder if anybody could add any "secret" ingredient and pass it off as edible and harmless without the actual scientists or researchers approving of these foods as edible. Anyway... that was my lunch conversation with myself yesterday.

4 Comments:

Blogger innommable said...

So I guess you were "fatting" at McD's yesterday...

8/25/2005 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

HAHAHA! Yea... TOTALLY Fatting.

8/25/2005 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger innommable said...

So what happened to all the exercise you planned to do????
Loosing any weight?
Still buning cals doing leg raises with weights on your legs while sitting and watching TV at home???

8/25/2005 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

No.. those things are so passe. It has lost its novelty. :(
I need something new and exciting to do!

8/25/2005 04:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home