Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Opening up Pasha et Jardin

Okay people.. whoever is reading this: I am utterly incapable of writing fiction dialogue... I just figured that out. I can write poetry or narratives... and maybe short descriptives... but I cannot possibly write dialogues. I am so bad at it. I have no clue how to have my characters say what I want them to say. I don't have any literary devices that keep a dialogue moving, and maintain the interest and novelty. I regret the fact that I did not take a single fiction-writing course in college! I'm so ignorant about literary devices. My Pasha et Jardin are starving for conversation at their lunch table. So, here is my decision -- I have decided that I am going to open up the rights to Pasha et Jardin from the point I last left off, until the point I decide to move back in and take over. So, everything that I have written as my short fiction story about Pasha and Jardin up until this moment on the blog, is fully copyrighted and unchangeable. However, from the point I last left the story... I am letting anyone reading this to go ahead and continue the story as they so wish. Also, I would even suggest that you continue the line of story created by someone else... and complete each other's line of story... collaborate with other writers and take Pasha and Jardin wherever you want... kill Pasha if you like, introduce another character if you wish, have Jardin hook up with Yazmin, or get them connected with one of your own fiction story characters...develop the plot and theme however your imagination fancies. I guess, I'd remind you, however, that for aesthetic purposes read the all that I have written so far about the characters and maintain that aesthetic quality or themes in the story... just so there is some continuation... and so it doesn't seem like a staccato story with random cut edits. I hope this idea of mine will work... I want to see how creatively these characters can live and develop. So, whoever is reading this.. hope to see you contribute. Ofcourse, you get to keep all the rights to your parts of the story... and modify/change or do whatever you want with it. Pasha and Jardin are now entrusted into your care! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger innommable said...

hmmm... open source fiction... OR Exquisite Corpse!

8/16/2005 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Semperviva said...

wow- i am exactly tthe same with my fiction i can't so conversation- at all- but wait- i am that way in life too lol

8/23/2005 05:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home