Monday, August 01, 2005

Feasting on Seconds -- Republished

There are times when you produce or create something that truly surprises you. You wonder amazingly that you had whatever it was that needed to be there inorder to give rise to that creation. There are many things I have posted on this blog that does that for me: it surprises me. This poem is just one example of that. I post this here once again to bring it to the center of my attention. I think it serves to remind me that one is only as capable as one's own assesment of one's self. And so, I believe one should aspire to things they believe are not within their normal range of capacities, and then maybe witness an amazing suprise. =========================== Moonlight dripping quiet fog hovering shadows never letting loose In the vastness, I walk... in s l o w thinking movements crushing the tired grass ripping their hearts I ponder the ominous air And swallow the timorous sky gulp in... breathe out The wind is mocking me its taunting laughter its foreboding cries close to my ear I open my lungs blanket the wind and smother its density They watch me bare my chest My bleeding heart... I know they see with salivating eyes In hungry patience they await the silence of my being to smell my decaying body to gouge my succulent eyes and drink from the vial of my glands I look right back at them with eyes as terse as steel but my thumping heart rises in decibels deafening my ears And they see my shivering limbs Their tongues lick off the streams of my seeping blood Their low rumbles reek of impatient greed Only seconds more... I think The moon watched in embarrassed silence And hid her sadness behind her curves Let me not know the manner of my death I pray Only seconds more...

1 Comments:

Blogger Semperviva said...

i love this one just as much as i did before

8/02/2005 03:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home