Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Silhouette Romance

This morning, I didn't know if you were preparing for battle, Or just accepting your victory. You woke up early and quietly walked to the threshold, Dragging my sleepy gaze behind you. I saw you looking out at the sun With such careless disdain, Like it was some silly joke. Its blazing flames licked the edges of your skin, Taunting you, and burning you. But you were so much brighter; And yet I could not see your face, Nor the details of your naked body. I only saw the shape of your angular form Standing defiantly at the edge of sunlight Sheilding my eyes from its stinging rays. I held my gaze In vacant stupor And witnessed the delicate orchestration Of light and shadows Conspiring to create this burning effect; A seductive silhouette.

4 Comments:

Blogger Semperviva said...

WOW...so what was this MPR thing you were discussing, HAHAHAHA...

7/06/2005 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

Oh, if only you knew! HA! MPR has never been so intrinsically a part of my life as it is now! And I'm glad I had an understanding of such issues. :)

7/11/2005 04:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u wanted me to post this so i am....

"where is the willingness to see ur skin burn and char if only for a fleeting moment as his side?"

im sure u can find a place to fit a line "inspired" by mine in ur poem

7/14/2005 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ergo Sum said...

I think your line should remain as an observation of my poem, like you observing my observation!
I love your interpretation though: THe replacement of the sun as the center of my life, observable, palpable, yet so unreachable!
Real and close yet so distant.
Do I yearn so much to get so close to it, that I am willing to get raw blisters of heat on my skin?
Is that even possible though? Can it happen? Will it happen?
It seems like the pain is inevitable, either by getting closer and being burned, or by having to stay at an agonizing distance, yearning forever. The pain is certainly inevitable.

7/14/2005 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home